Civil Partnership

If you are a same sex couple and wish to formalise your relationship, you can register as a civil partnership. If you are worried about protecting your assets before entering into a civil partnership, this firm can advise on a pre-civil partnership agreement.

The law on dissolving a civil partnership mirrors that of divorce law with one exception namely that you cannot petition upon the grounds of adultery. Your claims for all forms of financial help on resolution are the same as on divorce. You are regarded in exactly the same way in relation to any forms of benefits, pensions, inheritance etc. Any children that you have during the civil partnership are treated in the same way as children of married couples.

This firm specialises in working through dissolution of civil partnership to reach sensible and cohesive settlements and to deal with arrangements for the children both by way of agreement and if an agreement cannot be reached by taking the matter to court.  

If you wish to have any advice in relation to pre-civil partnership agreements or for dissolution of civil partnership please contact Matthew Durman, Samantha Ellis or Simon Wolman of these offices.


Back to services list

Send Enquiry

Home Accessibility Privacy Disclaimer Site Map Contact Us