Same Sex Marriage and Civil Partnership

Civil Partnership Solicitors London

If you are a same sex couple and wish to formalise your relationship, you can now either marry or register as a civil partnership. If you are worried about protecting your assets before entering into a marriage or a civil partnership, Lloyd Platt & Co. can provide the best advice for you on a pre-nuptial agreement or a pre-civil partnership agreement.

Dissolution of Same Sex Marriages and Civil Partnerships

Where civil partnerships end or same sex marriage results in a divorce, it is important to speak to us at the earliest stage to obtain proper advice.

The law on dissolving both a same sex marriage and a civil partnership mirrors that of divorce law with one exception, namely that you cannot petition upon the grounds of adultery. Your claims for all forms of financial help on dissolution are exactly the same as on a divorce between male and female spouses. Any children that you have during the marriage or civil partnership are treated in the same way as children of male and female married couples.

We specialise in working through dissolution of same sex marriage or civil partnership to reach sensible and cohesive settlements and to deal with arrangements for the children both by way of agreement and if an agreement cannot be reached by taking the matter to court.

Contact our Civil Partnership Lawyers in London

Lloyd Platt & Co has some of London’s top divorce lawyers who can provide legal advice for you today. To make an enquiry please fill in our form, call us on 0208 343 2998 or click to contact our Marriage and Civil Partnership lawyers.